Runner2Runner provides running programs for youth.
We offer age appropriate instruction for cross country, track and field, camps, and off season training. All programs focus on safe, progressive training for all athletes, including core and stability work.
- Establish teams comprised of boys and girls
- Develop understanding of team and teamwork
- Qualified, experienced, coaches lead our teams (background check and SafeSport certified)
- Personalized, progressive workouts
- Establish and build athleticism
- Guide athletes through competition
- Instill confidence to excel at life’s challenges and embrace leadership roles
- Promote life-long dedication to healthy living
- USA Track and Field member organization
WHY I STARTED RUNNER2RUNNER, by Melissa Hill
Our clubs were founded out of a concern for the health of our youth and a desire to teach a skill that will last a lifetime.
I believe early introduction to running in a positive environment promotes a lifelong love of running and healthy living. After moving to Portland, Oregon in 1997, I discovered youth running programs were not offered at our local school. Shortly afterwards, I started cross-country, track and field and running teams at five elementary and middle schools.
As our programs grew, we saw that high school running teams were benefiting from our initiative, resulting in state titles in track and cross country. Providing even a brief, positive introduction to running at an early age provides athletes with a foundation to participate on their high school track or cross country team, run at the collegiate level OR the best outcome; continue the healthy habits and workouts they've learned for the rest of their lives.
Melissa Hill, CEO
- Bachelors of Science with a focus on Exercise Science.
- D1 collegiate runner at Texas Tech University, cross country and track
- Level I and II US Association of Track and Field coaching certification.
- Developed and coached cross country and track teams since 1998.
- Coached athletes and developed running events for Nike Sports Center - 12 years.
- Developed and coached district wide programs for elementary/middle schools in Portland and St. Louis.
- Founding member and coach:Team Athena.
- Co-founder, Women's Running Coaches Collective
- International Running Consultant, China
Howard Lao, COO
- D1 collegiate runner (#7 all time / 60 Hurdles) at the University of Washington.
- 110 Hurdles State Champion / Former State Meet Record Holder
- 2010 Junior Olympics Regional Champ / Seventh at Nationals
- 4x Scholar Athlete + Varsity soccer
- Level I US Association of Track and Field coaching certification.
- 4 years varsity high school coach for Portland Public Schools (Cleveland HS).
- Freelance photographer, covering multiple World Championships - HowLaoPhotography
Hanna Peterson, Marketing Coordinator
- Bachelor of Arts in Media and Entertainment, University of Arizona
- D1 collegiate runner at University of Arizona
- Member of the Cross Country team that claimed its first ever conference championship
- Volunteer coach for Air Force Cross Country Team + UCLA Cross Country & Track Team
- Assistant coach, University of Arizona, Track and Field Team
Keikoanne Norcross, Regional Director, DFW
- D1 collegiate runner (#2 all time / 2k Steeplechase) at Portland State University, cross country & track
- Portland State University Student Athlete Advisory Committee President (2014-2016)
- 2016 Teach for America Idaho Alumni
- Former middle school hurdle coach & Runner2Runner WA cross country coach
Currently we have programs based in 6 states; Oregon, Washington, Michigan, Missouri, Texas and Hawaii.
Each coach is certified, has passed a background check and SafeSport. Runner2Runner workouts are developed exclusively for young runners, offering safe, progressive and age appropriate training..
Teams typically meet twice a week and participate in area meets (if available) during session.
Students pay an entry fee (see the Register page). Other than team uniforms, running shoes, optional apparel and competition spikes, there are no additional fees.
For more team information, see our FAQ
14 days prior to the first day of practice: $15 fee
13 days prior to the first day of practice: 50% of registration fee refunded
Once season begins there will be no refunds
- If you are interested in a cross country, track and field team, camp or off season training at your school, please contact Howard@runner2runner.com
- To register for an existing team, see the Register page.