Runner2Runner provides running programs for youth.
We offer age appropriate instruction for cross country, track and field, camps, and off season training. All programs focus on safe, progressive training for all athletes, including core and stability work.
- Establish teams comprised of boys and girls
- Develop understanding of team and teamwork
- Qualified, experienced, coaches lead our teams (background check and SafeSport certified)
- Personalized, progressive workouts
- Establish and build athleticism
- Guide athletes through competition
- Instill confidence to excel at life’s challenges and embrace leadership roles
- Promote life-long dedication to healthy living
- USA Track and Field member organization
WHY I STARTED RUNNER2RUNNER, by Melissa Hill
Our clubs were founded out of a concern for the health of our youth and a desire to teach a skill that will last a lifetime.
I believe early introduction to running in a positive environment promotes a lifelong love of running and healthy living. After moving to Portland, Oregon in 1997, I discovered youth running programs were not offered at our local school. Shortly afterwards, I started cross-country, track and field and running teams at five elementary and middle schools.
As our programs grew, we saw that high school running teams were benefiting from our initiative, resulting in state titles in track and cross country. Providing even a brief, positive introduction to running at an early age provides athletes with a foundation to participate on their high school track or cross country team, run at the collegiate level OR the best outcome; continue the healthy habits and workouts they've learned for the rest of their lives.
Currently, we have programs based in 6 states: Oregon, Washington, Michigan, Missouri, Texas, and Hawaii.
Each coach is certified and has passed a background check and SafeSport. Runner2Runner workouts are developed exclusively for young runners, offering safe, progressive, and age-appropriate training..
Teams typically meet twice a week for one hour and participate in area meets (if available) during a session.
Students pay an entry fee (see the Register page) and receive a Team T-shirt. Other than running shoes, optional apparel, and competition spikes, no additional fees exist.
For more team information, see our FAQ
14 days prior to the first day of practice: $15 fee
13 days prior to the first day of practice: 50% of registration fee refunded
Once season begins there will be NO refunds - If the season is post poned due to COVID19 it will be made up, or credit will be given for future seasons
- If you are interested in a cross country, track and field team, camp or off season training at your school, please contact Howard@runner2runner.com
- To register for an existing team, see the Register page.